Professional Societies are widely recognized as a means for fast acquisition of professional experience in one’s field of specialization. A good, well-recognized professional society makes a positive addition to one's curriculum vitae. Networking connections made through membership in professional societies can lead to research partnerships, job advancement, lifelong friendships, and personal fulfilment and recognition. It is also an excellent way to learn more about a particular role or sector; for example, limitless interaction with professionals from non-profit or government sectors as well as those from the business sectors related to the profession. You will broaden your exposure beyond boundaries of your existing professional network, and cross paths with people from across your discipline, including leaders with whom you may otherwise not have met.
The time is here and now for you to join the African Society of Agronomy, Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences (ASACSES)
Benefits of Being a Member
- Publish your research in our widely acclaimed peer review journal, the African Journal of Agronomy, Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences (AJACSES);
- Write and or contribute chapters to books on aspects of your profession;
- Play active roles in student activities;
- Attend and make presentations in annual meetings;
- Accumulate continue education units (CEU) by taking part in online webinars, courses, and professional examinations to update your skills;
- Receive internationally recognized professional certification.
- Contribute to the advocacy for more government support to agriculture in Africa;
- Play a role in revolutionizing African agriculture;
- Be a mentor of undergraduates and interns during annual meetings and beyond;
- Inspire students considering a career in our fields of science;
- Take advantage of the Career Placement Unit to secure a job, consultancy, etc.
- Strengthen ASACSES by recommending a colleague or student as member.
Make the Most of Your Membership
- Attend the Annual Meetings of the Society to connect with colleagues from Africa at this multi-disciplinary event.
- Select your Divisions of Interest and develop peer networks/communities and share information.
- Read ASACSES News for the latest information and opportunities.
- Subscribe to the Digital Library to access all of our published content in one convenient place.
- Publish and present your research to advance your career.
- Connect with colleagues through the Membership Directory and Scientific Expertise Directory published online by the Society
Divisions of the Society
AGR Section 1: Agronomic Production Systems
AGR Section 2: Biometry and Statistical Computing
AGR Section 3: Climatology & Modeling
AGR Section 4: Education & Extension
AGR Section 5: Networking and Collaboration
AGR Section 6: Global Agronomy
AGR Section 7: Gender Issues and Gerontology
AGR Section 8: Entrepreneurship
AGR Section 9: Students Activities
CSC1 Crop Genetics and Breeding
CSC2 Crop Physiology and Metabolism
CSC3 Crop Ecology, Management & Quality
CSC4 Seed Physiology, Production & Technology
CSC5 Crop Protection
CSC6 Forage Crops and Grasslands
CSC7 Genomics, Molecular Genetics & Biotechnology
CSC8 Plant Genetic Resources
CSC9 Biomedical, Health-Beneficial & Nutritionally Enhanced Plants
SSC1 Division: Soils Consulting Procedures and Services
SSC2 Division: Forest & Grassland Soils
SSC3 Division: Nutrient Management & Soil & Plant Analysis
SSC4 Division: Pedology
SSC5 Division: Soil Biology & Biochemistry
SSC6 Division: Soil Chemistry
SSC7 Division: Soil Education and Outreach
SSC8 Division: Soil Fertility & Plant Nutrition
SSC9 Division: Soil Mineralogy
SSC10 Division: Soil Physics and Hydrology
SSC11 Division: Urban and Anthropogenic Soils
SSC12 Division: Wetland Soils
SSC13 Division: Land Resources Management and Conservation
If you are interested in becoming a member, complete the attached application form, pay your annual subscription, and submit the form with evidence of payment to the address given on top of the form.
Make payment into
African Society of Agronomy, Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences (ASACSES);
Bank Name: United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC Nigeria
Swift Code: UNAFNGLA
Beneficiary Account Number: 3001931931
Beneficiary Name: African Society of Agronomy, Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences
Beneficiary Address: Faculty of Agriculture, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
UBA Branch: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.